Posted by Tim “Newsless” Harrison
Ah yes, it’s that time of the week when Newsless starts the motor and starts wheelspinning in the mud of trivial news. However, as you may know, there will be no Newsless going to air this week on Joy 94.9 because of non-stop Election Coverage (hmm, Newsless should have sponsored that given the possibility of useless factoid abundance…)
I digress. Today, being the 18th of August shall now (by order of the Newsless Interglobal Media and Lint Emporium) be known hereafter as: International Footballers Birthday Day (IFBD). Let’s look over the list of inaugural recipients of this undoubtedly fabulous honour… courtesy of the Wikipedia fountain of knowledge.
- 1976 – Paraskevas Antzas, Greek footballer
- 1979 – Stuart Dew, Australian rules footballer
- 1980 – Esteban Cambiasso, Argentine footballer
- 1980 – Bart Scott, American football player
- 1980 – Jeremy Shockey, American football player
- 1981 – César Delgado, Argentine footballer
- 1981 – Dimitris Salpigidis, Greek footballer
- 1983 – Kris Boyd, Scottish footballer
- 1983 – Michael Montgomery, American football player
- 1984 – Robert Huth, German footballer
- 1986 – Ross McCormack, Scottish footballer
- 1988 – Eggert Jónsson, Icelandic football player
- 1988 – Jack Hobbs, English footballer
Now, all our newly crowned IFBD alumni were all conceived around early December – in the coldest part of the year (for the Northern Hemispherical occupants).
Moral of the story is… If you want to have a child who becomes a footballer, celebrate IFBD by having a … cuddle … somewhere around the middle of December somewhere north of the equator.
Being Australian is no barrier – head North! Do it for your children’s future. Do it for your country. Do it for FOOTBALL!
To all IFBD honorary members, from the TFC Newsless office, we salute you!